SNOW! ...and lots of it.
Some sort of race/running event/activity will still take place. Snowshoe race? Sure. 10-mile post-holing grudge match? Sure. Stay tuned for updates through the weekend, especially Saturday evening after the storm has died down and I've had a chance to assess the course.
Sunday Feb 10th. 11:00 AM start.
Burlingame State Park Campground
Charlestown, RI 02813
This year's Brrr-lingame course will be slightly extended to 5 miles (from 4.7) and include more singletrack sections. The feature race will be a two lap 10-mile event, but there will also be a single lap 5-mile option for those not wishing to do the longer distance. All runners will start together. The race starts and finishes in the campground area of Burlingame State Park. The trails are generally fast hard-pack, but several short steep hills, a few bog bridges, as well as February conditions will all challenge racers. Open to all ages. No dogs. No strollers. Headphones strongly discouraged.
Prizes for top overall, age group, and team winners (based on top three finish times). General prize raffle for all participants following awards.
Race #4 of 5 in the SC 4th Season Race Series. Series championship points will be awarded to top 6 overall places for each gender, top 3 places for each age group, and top 4 teams. Series points will only be awarded to 10-mile race finishers. Exception: runners in the 1-10, 11-13, and 70-79 age groups can collect series points for competing in the 5-mile option.
Entry also requires at least two of the following donation items per entrant on race day:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly - This is especially needed prior to the upcoming February break when there are many children eating lunches at home.
- Tuna/Other canned meats - like PB&J, need for lunch foods increases during vacation.
- Cereal - also in high need over break.
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Spaghetti and Sauce
- Soups, Stews and Chili
- Canned Vegetables & Fruits
- 100% Fruit Juice (cans, boxes, bottles)
- Shampoo, toothpaste, or toothbrushes
- Diapers, Detergent, or Deodorant
- Toilet paper or paper towels
Donation items will be collected and delivered to The Jonnycake Center of Peace Dale.