Thank you to everyone who registered for The Dizzy GOAT. This event is sold out. While not guaranteed entry, we are accepting waitlist registrations. If a spot opens, it will be awarded on a first come first served basis. Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
R4 - Ramblin' Runners Redundant Run aka The Dizzy GOAT- 3, 6, and 12 hour runs
June 22, 2013
3, 6, or 12 hours of challenging trails at Schramm State Recreation Area
Come on out to the Ramblin' Runners Redundant Run, aka The Dizzy GOAT where you get to choose how long you run, walk, or crawl on this challenging 3.5 mile looped course, over and over, and... Get the idea? Redundant!
The Dizzy GOAT is the 5th race in the Great Plains Trail Series hosted by The Greater Omaha Area Trail Runners and Angry Cow Adventures from Nebraska and Lake Adventures out of Kansas. Points scored during this and all races in the series will apply to your overall standing. Series winners will be determined after the finale, The 2nd Annual G.O.A.T.z Trail Runs at Cunningham Lake in Omaha on October 27th, 2013.
Place: Schramm State Recreation Area
Date: June 22, 2013
Time: 12 hour - 7:00 a.m. / 6 hour - 1:00 p.m. / 3 hour - 4 p.m.
All runners regardless of their start time will finish at 7 p.m. We will have post race awards and gathering for all volunteers and participants. The sun doesn't set until 9:00, so stick around, unwind, and have a little fun.
What is the Ramblin' Runners Redundant Run aka The Dizzy GOAT?
- Through May 12th, 2012 - 3 hour - $30 / 6 hour - $40 / 12 hour - $50
- May 13th - June 14th, 2012 - 3 hour - $40 / 6 hour - $50 / 12 hour - $60
What are the rules?
- You run your own race.
- Go as fast or slow as you like or can.
- Stop, take a break, heck, take a nap. It's up to you.
- You have 3, 6, or 12 hours to go as far as you can in the time you've chosen.
- Particularly nutty 12 hour runners may even be able to accomplish 50 miles or more.
- Have fun!
- Challenge yourself
- Remain at the park until your race is over or you decide you've had enough. If you leave the park, we will consider your race over, but you may return at 7 to celebrate yours and the others accomplishments.
- If you decide to take a break during the run, please let the timer know when you do, and when you start up again.
That's it! Simple. Right?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - How long is the race?
A - How long do you want it to be?
Q - How far is the loop?
A - 4 miles
Q - Will there be aid stations?
A - Yes! We will have one fully stocked aid station ala the G.O.A.T.z Trail Runs at the start finish area and a water stop around 2 miles.
Q - Do I have to keep going?
A - Nope! This is your race. You can stop any time you want. You must notify the timer of your decision to take an extended break or drop.
Q - What's in it for me?
A - What's not in it for you?
- You walk away knowing you CAN make it 3, 6, or 12 hours!
- You want more? Jeff Cumro from Better Life Chiroptactic and Wellness will be on hand performing post race massage.
- Not enough? You'll be fed well ALL day and when you are done, you'll be treated to post race Mama's Pizza and Lucky Bucket Harvest Wheat.
- Still not enough? ALL runners receive a lightweight, breathable tech shirt from Brooks Running with a customized race design
- 12 hour runners will walk away with one of the most unique medals you've ever received.
Proceeds from The Dizzy GOAT will go toward purchasing rock and other needed materials for the Schramm State Park Recreation Area trails. The G.O.A.T.z are also committed to providing our time and energy to help better the Schramm trail system.