The 2013 UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge is a Multi-faceted multi-media contest open to Trailrunners, Fastpackers, and Backpackers. This year's course is a classic and rugged 45 mile loop set in the heart of Washington's North Cascades. There are no aid stations, no course markings, no start/finish, no lemming lines, no cut offs, no set date, in fact, it's all up to you.
The course is the Devil's Dome Loop, a 45 mile route linking the Jackita Ridge, Devil's Dome, Ruby Creek and East Bank Trails, offering runners and hikers a small taste of the Pasayton Wilderness, some of the wildest country left in the continental United States. The Devil's Dome Loop is accessed from the North Cascades Highway (Washington State Route 20) via the East Bank Trailhead (milepost 138.2) or the Canyon Creek Trailhead (milepost 141.2). Choice of clockwise or counterclockwise is up to participants. Trips may started at any point on the loop, as long as that same point is returned to in order to complete an entire loop.
All participants must at all times comport themselves in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws, as well as Leave No Trace backcountry ethics.
How to participate in the 2013 UPWC:
1. Sign up on Ultrasignup.com no later than Wednesday, July 31st, 2013.
2. Between the dates of Thursday, August 1, 2013 and Monday, September 30th, 2013 complete the Devil's Dome Loop
3. Email your proof and documentation to UltraPedestrian@gmail.com with the subject line, "2013 UPWC PROOF & DOCUMENTATION" no later than Saturday, October 5th
4. Visit UltraPedestrian.com and Ultrasignup.com on Tuesday, October 15th for complete results & awards
5. Watch your mailbox for your UPWC swag envelope
Complete results will be posted on UltraPedestrian.com on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013.
Please visit our website for complete details.
Local time: 12:41 PM